Update to Citavi 6.5 Now Available
We just released an update to Citavi 6 (Citavi 126.96.36.199). We encourage you to install this version so you can take full advantage of the new features and bug fixes listed below.
If you receive an error message when starting Citavi, install any missing Windows updates by following this guide from Windows.
System administrators in organizations should first check the new Firewall settings before distributing the update to make sure that users can still access cloud projects.
If an update notification does not appear automatically in Citavi, you can download and install the Setup at https://www.citavi.com/download. Your Citavi projects and settings will not be affected by the update, and it's not necessary to uninstall Citavi 6.0 before installing the update.
As always, this is a free update for all Citavi 6 users.
New Features and Improvements
- The Citavi Picker can now be used in Microsoft Edge.
- It’s now possible to use the "Find full text feature" to search for ebooks with DOI names.
- The Picker supports repositories created with Dspace.
- When importing PDFs, the ISBN can be read from the file name.
- EndNote Traveling Library references can now be imported.
- Databases created with the new database format Endnote X9.3 can now be imported.
- The "Save as PDF" feature in the preview pane has been improved.
- The size of the bookmark view for PDFs in the preview pane can now be changed.
- Improvements for working offline and in unstable networks.
- Improvements for data synchronization during teamwork.
- You can now leave a cloud project which you were invited to join.
- The undo feature when working with chapter bibliographies has been improved.
- The DBServer Manager now has better performance.
- When importing from Excel, cells formatted as dates were not imported correctly.
- Citavi assigned the incorrect reference type to some references with DataCite DOIs.
- When copying references to another Citavi project via the Clipboard, all references were labeled as duplicates.
- On the “Quotations & comments” tab, Citavi would only show the formatting of knowledge items if the position of the preview window was changed.
- Under certain circumstances, Citavi did not recognize when the user had ended an offline session.
- Under Windows 8.1 Citavi did not show cloud projects that the user had been invited to join.
- Under certain circumstances restoring deleted elements from the recycle bin could cause an error to occur.
- After creating a project copy using the option “Save a copy of this project” the sorting of knowledge items in categories and keywords was lost.
- Under certain circumstances after using the “Save a copy of this project” or “Archive project” commands PDFs were moved instead of copied.
- When opening an archived copy of a project, the admin setting "SharedAttachmentsFolder" was ignored.
- After a project was repaired due to database inconsistencies, the due date for tasks was replaced with the date of the repair.
- The digital certificate for the document template for the Word Add-In had expired.
- The Citavi Word Add-In was not loaded if the document was visible in the Window file manager preview.
- Under certain circumstances the Citavi pane did not update right away if changes were made in the project assigned to the document.
- Under certain circumstances, the width of the Citavi pane would reduce each time Word was restarted.
- SVG files could not be added as image quotations in the Word Add-In.
- The Word Add-In did not retain italic formatting in knowledge items.
- The Word Add-In did not retain hyphens in lists in knowledge items.
- Under certain circumstances hyphens between first and middle names could cause an error to occur.
Citation Style Editor
- Settings for the “column” page type were not saved. In addition, settings for column suffixes and margin note prefixes overwrote each other.
- Letters were added to distinguish two references by the same team of authors even when they already differed due to the presence of “et al.”
Citavi for DBServer
- Creating error logs with the "/log" option no longer worked.
Please note: Password-protected team projects created with Citavi 3 or Citavi 4 can no longer be directly migrated to Citavi 6.5. The password protection needs to be removed in Citavi 3 or 4 before the migration.
Citavi 188.8.131.52 does not recognize an internet connection if Hyper-V Virtual Switch is installed.
Technical background: When checking for an internet connection, Citavi ignores virtual network cards since they are only needed for the host and a local virtual machine to communicate. If the network card contains "virtual" in its name, it is excluded from the internet connectivity check. In exceptional cases, a network card contains "virtual" in its name but is still responsible for the network traffic of the host online. HyperV sometimes generates such network cards. When this happens, Citavi erroneously displays an error message that the computer does not have an internet connection and that Citavi Cloud is not available.